
Or almost dead. And I'm sure some students think I'm a witch after this past week. After logging around 80 hours at school in the last 7 days, I can say with love that I am so ready for this show to be over. It's been fun but really stressful. In the end I know it will be worth all the hard work but as of Thursday, I was ready to give up.
We always have one of those rehearsals and for some reason that day, I was just super emotional. Everything made me cry. I cried about my grandpa who died 3 years ago (WHY does missing him have to hit now?? Probably because I'm tired.) I cried in the light booth as I was on the headset barking orders. (Silently, of course.) They were tears of frustration and who knows what else. I'm pretty used to directing big shows but for some reason this year, it's seemed a little worse. I think maybe because we added a lot of new elements that I don't have control over, like flying people and live animals and 40 elementary kids.
At any rate, it went a lot better Saturday and I know overall, the kids are having fun and it's an experience I'm excited that they get to have. Sometimes I think I just forget that I'm dealing with 120 people at a time with a lot of other factors thrown in and I don't have enough time to process that by myself. I do wonder if all the time is worth it eternally. I know God has allowed me this opportunity and has given me certain gifts that go with it but I don't always make the connection with how I'm furthering the kingdom by directing the musical and giving up my life for 6 weeks. Maybe it's just really indirect or maybe I don't need to understand but just do it because it's something I think God has asked me to do. I'll have to process that when I have more time...which is in about 7 days. (not that I'm counting...)
loved this....i have no doubt in my mind you're doing a great job and i wish i could be there to come up to you at the end of opening night and say: congratulations! te quiero amiga ♥
ReplyDelete