Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dia de San Valentin

I find it funny that making Spanish Valentine's, no matter what your age, seems to be the highlight of your Spanish class.  So either you can be  philosophical about this and say, "Everyone likes to access their inner child," or you be cynical and say, "I don't think my class is very interesting if this is the highlight."  I think it's a mix of both.  :)  Regardless, everyone loves it, especially when I bust out the coloring sheets.  I figure they're already kind of zoo-y anyway so you may as well make a day of it.  Especially when all the Spanish Valentine balloons get delivered, which inevitably makes me think of Mean Girls when they pass out the candy canes.  "And none for Gretchen Wieners!"

So, suffice it to say that the fun they have doing this silly little project actually makes it worth the 9000 questions I've been asked about my personal life that make me want to die.  But I've found that my short, honest answer shuts them up with shame for asking pretty nicely.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment