Because I'm finally allowing my brain to process a few things:
1. Sometimes I wonder why weird things happen to me at a seemingly higher rate than most people. But then I think, "Who cares?" Maybe weird things happen because I find the humor in them. And there are some weeks when you need more humor than others. I think this is one of them.
2. Since Saturday, a lot has happened and keeping with the theme of my life is weird, here it is (and I write it down to remind myself/find the good and humor in it):
*Katie unexpectedly found an apartment on Saturday afternoon. They said that if I moved out by the first of the month, we wouldn't have to pay double rent. So that left me a week to move all my s. Except not really, because I leave for Branson for 4 days with 50 high school students starting today. So naturally, I decided, oh yeah, I can do that.
*I figured we could move out when I got back from that trip. I got to work on Monday and my mom tells me we have to move that night. Because they're gone all weekend moving my sister and I'm gone, etc. So we move. Fyi, NONE of my stuff was packed. Thankfully, Ashley, the tetris packer, helped this cause. And my mom, with her "let's get it done as fast as possible" attitude and my brother and his bulkiness.
*I had a giant bibliography and prospectus due for my final project in my English class, well, yesterday. She gave me an extension with the comment, "Wow, when it rains, it pours in your life, Jill. You should take more time to turn it in. I don't mind at all." **Side note, I have an academic crush on my English professor. I love her so much.
So to sum up, before I turn 28, I thought I'd move all my crap home and live with my parents while I continue to look for houses. I forgot the part where I'm supposed to teach and direct 2 shows currently. :) Thankfully, that is all starting to feel like old hat so it's not too big of a deal.
P.S. Every morning so far since Monday, I yell down to my mom and say, "Hey! do you know where my pants/suitcase/etc. are?" Thankfully, she usually does.
No comments:
Post a Comment