Sunday, August 22, 2010

Let's try this again

The first day of school that is. I re-tried on my 1st day of school outfit after missing the first 2 days of school due to a weird combo of bronchitis/crappy meds/virus?? Who knows? After being down for the count for a good 5 days (plus a trip to the trusty ER), I guess I'm ready to be back in the saddle.

So here we go, starting that good ol' fourth year of teaching. Man, that makes me sound old! And guess what? Still get nervous. Still have to put my game face on and think, "You don't have to be super nice the first day. In fact, don't be nice. Be strict." That's my mantra tomorrow because if you ever have one awful year of teaching as I did 2 years ago, that will be your mantra too. I AM easy-going...around my friends. Around YOU students? No-not a chance. I do in fact care if you bring a crappy piece of paper and something to write with. I do care if you get out of your seat at an inappropriate time. And I also care if you walk behind my desk and start touching stuff. Who knew? I certainly didn't expect that of myself when I first started but here I am, I guess a little wiser.

So I'm expecting to have a post in the near future about the wildly inappropriate things I get asked. In fact, I'll probably look at the clock tomorrow and see how long it takes. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. love this post!! i would love to see what you wore to the first day of school!!! and just and fyi..i finally discovered google reader so ill be around here more often!!

    ReplyDelete