Friday, August 19, 2011

wow.

That's all I have to say .  Second day of school, first embarrassing moment of the year.  The side zipper in my dress went out.  IN CLASS.  In front of my new students.  All I knew is that I felt air on my side and looked down and a string of profanities ran through my head. Hoping no one had noticed, I walked back to my desk and tried to run the Clicker program from there until I could run to get a safety pin 10 minutes later.  I made it but after assessing the damage, I realized there was no way it was even semi-salvageable with a few well-placed safety pins so I decided to change.  Thankfully, and I cannot stress that word enough, I had another change of clothes in the car because I have to run straight to a rehearsal dinner after work.

So I run back to my class trying to hold my dress shut (and do you have any idea how hard that is when it's on the side and a good foot and a half of you is exposed? really awkward and difficult is the answer), and tell my new class, "Umm...sorry but my dress just broke so I have to go change!"  As I'm running out of the room a girl asks me, "Can I go to my locker?"  I reply with an exasperated voice, "I don't care where you go, my dress is broken!"

Yeah, so that was my Friday.  Welcome, new students.  Bow chicka wow wow, obvi.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhh Jill. :) These things follow you around. Love your last sentence.

    ReplyDelete