Or at least that's how most of my Spanish 2 students feel. It actually makes me panic as well because after you grade the first quiz, you have an idea for how long of a year it's going to be. And let's just say that with some of these students, getting them to learn Spanish might feel like I'm teaching them until May of 2015. Not that it's helped by a lovely student I'm getting to know who keeps telling me he is going to fail. Ok, I'm sure you'll be fine, I say . Finally after the 4th time of him telling me I should just put an F on his paper, I ask him if he's even studied. He looks at me incredulously and says, "Ha. No!" (Of which I'm pretty sure he censored out the "hell no" for my benefit.) Ok, great. I just sweetly reply, "Fabulous. You might not pass then. Why are you taking this class, can you remind me?" "Uh, to get into college!" Great. I think that's going to go well for you. (Don't worry I kept that to myself. This is why I blog, people!) FYI, he's super busy practicing for football. Just ask him.
And this just in: A Spanish 4 student just very firmly told me that the word "anyway" wasn't in the dictionary (again after I sweetly told him to look it up himself. I'm full of sweetness today, I swear.) I said, "Are you sure? I don't believe you." "It's not in there, I swear!!" I take the dictionary and then have to politely inform him that he is looking in the Spanish to English side. "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh." Yeah, welcome to level 4, buddy. Also known as Library 110 apparently.
No comments:
Post a Comment