Thursday, September 1, 2011

I can't get used to it!

Teaching an extra class, that is.  I'm doing my best this week to stick it out but for some reason, that extra 50 minutes of students a day coupled with the fact that my plan is now at the end of the day every day equals utter exhaustion.  Because you know, if you get to 2:30, all you want to do is sit and eat a snack and look at your Google reader in pure silence.

I forgot how many dumb questions I get asked.  Thankfully, summer had erased those memories.  But now they're all roaring back.  Some of my favorites so far:

Student:  So if I didn't write my sentences, is it still considered not done?
Me:  Well, wasn't the assignment to draw a caricature and write sentences?  So yeah, I'd say that qualifies as "not done."

Student:  So can I call you Wizzle?
Me:  Do you have to?

Student:  Since when did we have a quiz?!?
Me:  Since I told you 3 times last class, put it on the online calendar and wrote it on the board 4 days ago.

Student:  Ugh, I'm already sick of school  I don't want to be here.  Oh, no offense.
Me:  None taken.  Seriously.

Student:  So, like, did I miss anything?
Me:  No, we did nothing for 90 minutes.  (Also, what is your name?  I barely remember that you're in my class...oops.)

Student:  Do we really need to know the word "bladder" for our quiz?
Me:  Is it on your sheet where I said we're taking a quiz over ALL the body parts on the list?
Student:  Yeah.  So we have to know it?
Me:  I guess it will be a surprise.  (And these are the smart ones!)

1 comment: