Life is fun sometimes. And sometimes it's not. Like when you're dead tired from the musical but then it's Homecoming week right after, spiced up with 2 nights of conferences. However, these are the weeks I remind myself WHY I try to really enjoy a relaxing summer.
Homecoming week is always interesting. Some highlights:
1.My room is near the junior hallway. Said juniors decided to have a rave between each class period. If you want to know how many raves I've listened to today, it's 5. It only stops if you go unplug their stereo.
2.In honor of spirit day, some of the boys decided to wear those itty bitty cheer shorts. You know the kind: they're cotton with elastic waistband and they have about a 1 inch inseam. Those. On boys. With really white thighs. Without compression shorts. Let's just say I made an extremely conscious effort to only look at them from the waist up.
3. The pep rally. We get forced to do lip sync. I donned a mullet wig with some other "teach's" out there and did "Dream On." It was actually fun.
4. The senior class this year is great. Beyond great actually. They organized a flash mob for their lip sync and I was thoroughly impressed.
5. It's over. That's a highlight. Sometimes I get asked why I didn't dress up more for spirit day (I do the minimum, aka I wear navy) or this or that. My response is always this: "Well, I feel like I used up all of my spirit in high school, when I participated 110% as a student. Also, I don't want to look too much like you." As well as the fact that I'm still good on the dressing up bit from the sorority days. The pink zip up skirt and fishnet stockings don't need to be donned in front of 16 year old boys, thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment