Should never be determined by high school students.
This morning as soon as I walked in I was greeted with, "Oh Wies, you look so tired." "Umm...thanks." "No! I just mean, you look like you don't feel well." "Even better."
2 hours later, a student is telling me about how he's met my cousin, Lyndi, and decided that him and his friend are going to take us on a double date. No thanks. Also, I'm taller than you. And so is she. And you're 16. And that's just weird. His response after I said no thanks, "Why you always be turnin' me down when I'm hitting on you?" {Awkward laughter from me.} "Sorry?"
Another 2 hours later, one of my more socially awkward students is once again getting very sleepy in class. We have a rule that I make him stand in the back for 5 minutes when this happens. He's a very sweet kid, he just gets really tired I guess and also tells really long stories. Today when we were talking about how he was sleeping in my class, he replied, "I just got tired of looking at her." Everyone then said, "Oh, that's mean!" I died laughing. And he felt terrible and said, "No! I'm sorry! I'm just not good with my words!" Poor kid. He might need some help in the woman department ASAP.
No comments:
Post a Comment