Tra-la what? It's a phrase used in the Bridget Jones books/movies and it's kind of like the British way of saying "ta-da", except funnier and usually used after she's done something ridiculous. My dearest friend, Ashley, claims I have Bridget Jones-like tendencies (or in her younger literary counterpart, Georgia Nicolson) for inexplicable reasons. Or rather, it's difficult to put into words, you just have to be there...i.e. when I fall in the door with lots of bags or drop my drink in Panera and everyone looks, we will usually look at each other and say, "Annnnd, that's why you're Bridget/Georgia."
From the branch. A few different reasons here. First, because the song, "Loving You", by Minnie Ripperton, is usually associated with me. You know the song...loving you is easy because you're beautiful. And then it has all of the la-la-la's sung in a really high voice--which I do often. And there are bird noises in the song. Hence, the branch. Secondly, and a little more seriously, is because that's where I feel like I'm living life...out on the branch. I've as of late, often referred to my relationship with the Lord like a tree. Will I stay near the trunk, where it's safe, or will I continue to climb out to the branch, where it's vulnerable and where, unless God decides to protect me and come through for me, I'm pretty much a goner. It's been a challenge to live this way for the past few years but one, I have found, that is so worth it.
So I shall blog about life. And we shall see what happens. Tra-la! jajajajaja
OH MY GOSH LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURVE!
ReplyDeleteeverything about it.
especially the owls with a branch. soooooooo excited you're blogging. fabby marvy and double cool with knobs Bridge!
muchas gracias, Jas. I owe it all to you jajajajaja
ReplyDeletethis made me :) especially the Minnie Ripperton song, every time I tried the high note.....pretty sure I got a hernia
ReplyDelete