ARE WE THERE YET
Written by Ingrid Michaelson
They say that home is where the heart is
I guess I haven't found my home
And we keep driving round in circles
Afraid to call this place our own.
And are we there yet?
They say there's linings made of silver
Folded inside each raining cloud
Well we need someone to deliver
Our silver lining now
And are we there yet?
And are we there yet?
And are we there yet?
Home, home, home
Home, home, home
They say you're really not somebody
Until somebody else loves you
Well I am waiting to make somebody somebody
Soon
And are we there yet?
And are we there yet?
And are we there yet?
Home, home, home.
Home, home, home.
Where you will lie on the rug
While I play with the dog
And it won't be too much
Cuz' this is too much
Cuz' this is too much for me to hold
This is too much for me to hold
Home, home, home
And are we there yet?
And are we there yet?
And are we there yet?
Home, home, home
Home, home, home
Home
And are we there yet?
And are we there yet?
And are we there yet?
And are we there?
I suppose this is one of my more personal posts but the I identify with the lyrics on a couple of different levels. My heart hasn't found its home yet. It won't, truly, until Jesus comes back. But I do hope it finds its home with someone on this earth. But mainly I feel like I am driving in circles right now. And I do ask God, "Are we there yet?"
I'm so thankful that God is patient with my impatience. And even though I feel like we keep circling and keep "learning the landscape" (gahhh, lessons!), I know He has a direction in mind. But I'm also thankful that the friend aspect of Jesus understands me when I do ask if we are there yet? And while my perspective is most likely off-kilter when I ask that question, he does get me. And when I say that "it's too much for me to hold", He holds me. Home is where the heart is.
I liked this reminder about this not being our home. Good to remember on days when nothing feels "quite right", even though everything is actually quite okay.
ReplyDelete