I'm blogging instead of cleaning my room like I intended. I leave tomorrow for two weeks. I've been out of the country for much longer but somehow this seems like a long trip. Maybe it's because I feel like something big could happen in a lot of different ways. So here's what's on my mind/heart and what I'm asking God. You can join me if you wish. :)
1. God would open up our eyes to the power of prayer. It's something I've been discussing with a few girls and I so desire them to see the value of communicating with God because A.) it's a good way to build your relationship with Him and B.) it's fun to watch Him work and be connected to that. The plan is to ask Him for daily specific things. I'm praying they will catch on to this idea. I love it.
2. God would give me strength on a daily basis to love others out of His love for me. If you know me, you know I'm fairly independent....understatement. :) But for whatever reason, I'm (thankfully and painfully) very aware of how much emotional energy this trip will take--this year more than ever. I will not be able to do this one on my own.
3. God would open up these students' eyes (both our students and the students in Upala who we are working with) to the joy of being in a relationship with Him. No shoulds/have to's/guilty complexes--just pure unadulterated love for our Father. The joy of relationship.
Thanks for praying...God knows I need it. I'll try to update while I'm there. And yes, I just posted about sweeping employees and prayer requests in the same 15 minutes. It's just how my mind works.
No comments:
Post a Comment