
The other day I had this image pop into my head about my walk with God. Do I want to be this girl in the picture who willingly follows her father on the adventure? Or do I want to continue being the girl who drags her feet because she's scared and has to pause for reassurance every 5 minutes? The first one seems more fun. And I think it all comes down to how much do I trust my Father?
My mom once told me that she was walking out to the barn with her dad when she was little and it was so dark she couldn't see but she started skipping because she was holding his hand and wasn't worried. She said "Daddy, I am skipping in the dark." She knew he would guide her. She said that always after that when she needed to trust God about anything her dad would say "You are just skipping in the dark." I have never forgotten that. I think it often.
ReplyDeleteThanks for telling me that. That's exactly where that thought was going. I appreciate you.
ReplyDeletethanks both jill and patti for those thoughts! just what i needed to hear tonight, dont you love how the right words seem to find you when you need them? :-)
ReplyDelete