Wednesday, December 22, 2010

YAYYYYYYYYYYY

The finals are done!  I'm finishing up some grading but other than that, 1st semester is over!  Some highlights from today:

*Every desk and chair and board and cabinet got wiped down.  (Thank you, 1st period.  And yes, I'm slightly anal-retentive about germs.  You would be too if you were around 140 snot-nosed students everyday.)
*I got all journals graded.  I HATE grading these.  But they're done.
*In relation to the previous statement I read this in one journal after the topic was a free-write:  "Well, I got turned down for a date this weekend so that stinks."    I laughed.  Which is mean and then I wrote, "Pobrecito...I'm sorry."  Awkward.  Don't write that in your journal.
*I printed out Christmas coloring sheets to keep some boys quiet after their final.  I had to reprint one because one of them got so upset when he colored something wrong.  They kept quiet and told me they were giving them to their mothers.  (These are the same boys that have a moratorium in place for talking to girls.  And it has seriously lasted all semester.  They once told me I don't count as a girl.)
*I have plan today! (Which is why I'm blogging my highlights!)
*I get to start off break celebrating a super-fabby girl, who turns 27 today.  Yay for Tabby Cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment