Yep, that's a map of Middle Earth from Lord of the Rings. I've been reading the series incessantly all break. And my mind is filled with all things elven and hobbit-like. And because I have TWO extra doses of nerdiness, I not only haven't seen the movies (because I wanted to read the books first***story on that later) but my book CAME WITH A MAP. So every 15 minutes or so of reading, you can see me unfold something similar to the image above and figure out where my characters are as I'm reading. I giggled with girlish glee when I first discovered that map. It.Is.Awesome. I'm so glad I finally discovered my love of the fantasy genre. (thank you Ash)
***Also, I haven't seen the movies, not necessarily because I didn't want to but because I for some reason had a target on my back all through college. Meaning that more than one guy tried to get me TO WATCH THE ENTIRE SERIES with him (EXTENDED VERSION--that's 12 flipping hours!!) I didn't like these boys so needless to say, I absolutely didn't want to spend 12 hours with them watching movies I was sure I wouldn't enjoy. I'm not sure how this all came to pass but it eventually got to the point that I just didn't EVER want to see the movies. That's now changed...after I finish the books of course. But it made me laugh to think of my movie embargo. And recalling the memory that I used to often get myself into those situations somehow....or going on dates I didn't know were dates. But those are stories for another time...

No comments:
Post a Comment