Sunday, February 6, 2011

Bridget's Law



That title credit goes to Patti and how true it is.  It's like Murphy's Law, except more along the lines of the stuff that happens to me would happen to Bridget Jones.  Example from last night:  I went to my first hockey game EVER and got hit by a hockey puck.

Actually, Tabitha and I both got hit and the best part was we kept telling our friend Nickie that we were both afraid it was going to happen.  (Tabitha also has a propensity for things like this but hers more falls under the "klutzy" category, falling up and down stairs, dropping things on her shirt, etc.)  Then like the super cool people we are, we debated the geometry of it all.  A conversation ensured about obtuse and acute angles.  At the end of it, Nickie still wasn't convinced but conceded by saying it could happen, but statistically it was highly unlikely.

Enter in Bridget's Law (and Tabitha's klutz factor.)  I went to my first ever hockey game and then towards the end of the 3rd period we decide to just go for the closer seats because we didn't want to crawl over people.  And what happens?  The puck comes flying (slowly) at us.  Slow enough that I knew what was happening and said an expletive, covered my head and then 10 minutes later, the puck landed on my hand/Tabitha's arm.  OF COURSE IT HIT BOTH OF US---a hockey puck has so much surface area...such a large object.  Cool.  And then of course everyone was looking at us.  And the gross 30-something guy in front of us (with his 2 kids) made an inappropriate comment about the puck and the landing down Tabitha's boobs, and what he was watching, etc.

So the moral of the story is:  If you want to see something embarrassing or awkward or just uncomfortable happen, hang out with me, Bridget.  Because it WILL happen.  And that is le fact.

p.s. I'm totally fine, my hand was just sore for the rest of the evening and there was black stuff left on my pinky finger from the puck.

p.p.s. It's telling me to spell pinky as in "pinkie" and that is NOT correct, Google Blogspot.  I checked on Wikipedia to be sure.  Get your facts straight, please and thank you.

2 comments: