Friday, February 11, 2011

Sesame Street

Last night I stayed at Tabitha (and Brian's) because I left my coat with my car keys in Laine's apartment up above.  Cool, Jill.  And I didn't realize it until it was way too late.  So I got out my overnight kit that is stored in "my" nightstand in "my" bedroom and Brian got me "my" extra phone charger.  This morning I decided to take advantage of being downtown so I left time to get coffee.  (Plus it's a Friday and that's just a necessity.  Along with getting under 6 hours of sleep per night all week.)


So I walked to my favorite Starbucks and saw people meeting for coffee and going about their lives and it just made me wish SO much that I was headed to the stoop to talk with Maria on Sesame Street.  I always feel that way when I walk in certain parts of downtown Lincoln because it's a small "big city" feel, just the way I envision the Sesame Street set.  Plus, the National Research Corporation building with its bright colors always makes me feel like I'm on Sesame Street.

Doesn't this just make you want to be there?  Ughhh, I wish my only cares today were what the letter of the day was.  ( A couple of days ago when it was literally zero degrees out, I'm almost positive the letter of the day was F.  Eff it's effing cold out, etc. were the short clips for the letter.)
What a great lady.  I wish Maria would come and talk in Spanish with me.  Right now, instead of being at school.
See?  Don't all the colors make you think of Sesame Street?  Except this is the grown-up version, being that it's all bars but whatev.
And my favorite Lincoln Sesame Street building on the right... the good ol' NHC building.  I was so wishing I could walk to Hooper's and then stop by Oscar the Grouch's trash can (after getting Starbucks, of course.)  But instead I had to make sure I didn't hit the homeless man with my car and tried not to shout at the person who pulled in front of me.  (I wonder if I should star in a Sesame Street episode about the dangers of road rage?)


2 comments:

  1. Jill, I love Sesame Street. I had not watched it in probably 15 years. But Myles has started watching it and loves Elmo. It is not quite what it was but still nice to watch a normal kids show. Maria is looking old these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this post... and that the letter of the day was Eff. Not surprising...

    ReplyDelete