Tuesday, February 15, 2011

V day highlights

*The Spanish Club still sells those heart balloons with Spanish love phrases on them (I'm not in charge of Spanish Club fyi...)  The big seller?  "Ganaria tu affeccion."  Why?  Because if you're a 16 year old boy, that sounds like the STD, gonorrhea.  And then that is SUPER funny to you.

*I got harassed about not having a boyfriend not only in person but also via Twitter by students.  Glad this has expanded to different media types.

*We made Valentines in Spanish.  The sophomore boys that don't talk to girls made their Valentines for their Xbox.  I'm not kidding about that.

*In Spanish 4, they had a sheet with some really cheesy pick-up lines in Spanish.  They could also write their own.  The best Valentine I saw was a crappy heart with the line, "Es el mejor que puedo hacer."  (This is the best that I can do.) He said he when he was 21, that was the line he was going to use in a bar.  I told him, "Good luck with that.  Use the next 3 years to keep brainstorming."  He claims his natural self will win them over.  (And now I'm reminded why I will NEVER go downtown ever again once these kids start turning 21.  I don't want to be a witness to this.  Kill me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment