Monday, May 16, 2011

Update

This is what my obsessive sticky notes looked like a couple of hours ago.


Then this happened.  Which may not look like much, but I'm telling you, that many verbs in the box on the left equals a LOT of progress.





See all those names added to the sticky notes below?  That, my friends, is the fruits of my labor.  Via blood, sweat, and tears.  Well, actually, it's more like my headache, annoyance, and crabby attitude.  Because after all that time, I only got to cross ONE THING off my list.  Do you see that thick, Sharpie line on the left?  How's THAT for annoying?  I feel useless.  I even timed myself on some of it and still don't have much to show in ways of line-crossing-off.





And you're also probably thinking to yourself, "Jill, who the heck CARES about what you got done at work today?"  or maybe, "Jill, if you're that busy, why in the world are you wasting time blogging about it??"  Good question, one I've asked myself.  And you're right, you shouldn't care.  And yes, this is slightly a waste of time that I'm using as my reward. Because quite honestly, I bet I don't need to know what you accomplished at work today, either.  But you know, I write on this blogsy* for my own benefit most of the time, so deal with it, okay?  Also, sometimes I think I like to pretend that my work is so stressful right now because I'm a teacher and it's finals and end of the year and every other teach I know acts like they're saving the world  and blah blah blah.  You know what?  It's not more stressful. (And I'm certainly not saving the world.) Because even if it were by some chance more stressful right now (which no one is able to measure, really), I get the big fat summer off in about 10 days.  And you can all hate me for it, and I will feel bad about it as I sit by the pool.  Jajajajajaja.  

*** blogsy was coined by Lyndi.  I love it.
***As I reread this for editing purposes (because I'm obsessive like that), I noticed that I used the word "teach" instead of teacher.  And I'm going to keep it because from now on when I refer to a "teach", it's going to mean the ones that annoy me and think they're really important.  You know what I'm talking about.
***This has now ventured out of "reward yourself with a break" into full-fledged time-wasting.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Maybe a crazy person wrote this?
    Also, of course you timed yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, crazy person did write this. Eye on the prize, Ash. The sooner I get done, the sooner I'm in Spain. (Or at least it feels that way.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am late on this, but I LOVE blogsy, and I LOVE teach!!!!! You know I am going to use that - possibly more than you will. I thought it was intentional until I read asterisk comment numero dos. The accidental factor makes it funnier. Enjoy the pool for me.

    ReplyDelete