Friday, November 4, 2011

If dogs were kids...

Then I would be a terrible mother.  I get worried about the dumbest things.  And it makes me realize how much I work.  Because then I come home and feel terrible that these dogs have to be downstairs.  So then I actually play fetch with them because I feel guilty.  ;)  And I wonder if they get scared being in the basement in the dark or I wonder what they would do all day long.  And then I sometimes wonder what they're barking at right when I go to bed.  That one wasn't so fun because I had visions of intruders and not sugar plums dancing in my head.  But we're fine.  Still here typing today...
Here's "Arver" or Oliver, hanging out by the fire.  I personally think he's warming up his teeny body from being outside.  Oh yes, and I also worry about the most random crap, i.e. What if a coyote eats them?  What if they run away?  And should I stop calling them "girls" because Oliver is definitely a boy?  Regardless, they certainly get the "least high-maintenance" award for dog-sitting.  It's no Newfoundland/small pony incontinence, 3 leg-take-me-to-vet kind of situation here.  If you're lucky, I'll post that video sometime.  But only if you're really nice.

1 comment:

  1. Oh he's so small! You should be worried about things like, what if he turns out left-handed...pawed, as it were.

    ReplyDelete