Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hi, again, bloggy friends!

Yes, it's been like a million years.  So sorry.  Really I am.  But well...life happened.  And some of it was good and some of it wasn't and work in general was just a general "let's pretend first semester didn't happen" kind of situation.   But alas, it's  a new year and new semester (but sadly not new students) and here we are again.

I've had many moments where I've thought, "Ah! I should blog about that!"  But then I don't.  I'm going to work on that this semester.  I'm guessing it will help that I don't have rehearsal every day after school.  However, I did decide to take a grad class for the first time during my working months, so that could be interesting.  I'm pretty excited about it.  It's called "19th Century British Children's Literature" to which my sister replied upon hearing about it, "Oh wow.  I'd rather drink cat pee."  Thankfully, I do not share her sentiments.

Now you may be thinking, "What does that have to do with Spanish?"  It doesn't.  Nor does it have to do with teaching.  Well, not really.  Or rather, not yet.  I'm taking it to see if I'd like to pursue a Master's or Doctoral degree in English.  And then maybe teach English. Or not. Or change jobs. Or stay at my current one doing both.  Who knows?  It's quite a ways off and I don't apply until next January of 2013 (where they accept around 20 of 200 I might add), so we'll see.  But I do know that I want to further my education because I'm nerdy like that, and unlike my sister, it does not make me want to ingest feline urine.  Rather quite the opposite.  I actually had a difficult time choosing a class because so many of them made me excited.  P.s. Ask me how cool I think this class is after I write and read my eyeballs out every week...that will be the true test.

So then, it's back to school.  And apparently the trade off for not having rehearsal anymore is giving up almost every Saturday for the next 2 months for show choir competitions.  What in the...Guess I'll have lots to blog about regarding sequins, bad dance moves, and overly enthusiastic show choir kids in the very near future...

1 comment:

  1. I would like to take a class also, (I am one of those weirdos that actually enjoys school.) but one very different from what I teach these days as well. You'll have to let me know how it goes for you! :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete