Wednesday, November 3, 2010

On repeat

Acres of Hope by Shane & Shane.  So glad to dig them out of my iTunes again.

He will allure her
He will pursue her
And call her out
To wilderness with flowers in His hand
She is responding
Beat up and hurting
Deserving death
But offerings of life are found instead


How the story ends is
Love and tenderness in Him
Not safe, but worth it
So the valleys up ahead
Or the ones we live...
We'll sing together


The part that keeps getting me is "she is responding, beat up and hurting" and "not safe, but worth it."  I don't FEEL like it's worth it right now but I know it is.  Why does God lay things on your heart for long periods of time for you to pray about them and then go silent?  Not, "stop asking me for this, Jill, move on" or "this is a no", just NOTHING.  I feel kind of beat up in the heart area.  No, life isn't the worst ever and many things are good.  But the parts of me that seem to matter most have taken a beating for quite some time, years even. And yet...He is silent.  Part of this song I resonate with.  "Not safe."  And other parts, "but worth it", I will keep waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment