Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Summary of Today

*Went to a conference one act competition in Elkhorn.
*Watched 2 girls get build-a-bears in the shape of Harry Potter owls.
*Discovered the joy of fleece-lined tights.
*Got asked by a student if he would get dress-cut if he bought a "Hot for Teacher" t-shirt.  (I responded with, "I don't know, I just think it's weird.  And maybe you're weird for buying it??  He said "ok" and bought the shirt.  And then put it on.  Straightaway.)
*My students decided to start a new tradition of group-hugging me after shows.  (I don't like hugs.  It was a very uncomfortable experience.  Hence, why they kept doing this.)
*Played some rockin' Skipbo on my phone in between some of the boring shows.
*Used the stupefy spell on some students so they would be quiet.  
*Explained to a boy student that sheer panty hose are not in fact the same thing as opaque tights.  Nor are socks that don't go to your knees.  He didn't get it.  (He had to wear them with knickers for the show.  Yesterday he rocked the sheer black panty hose with lots of runs.  It was NOT cute.  Or era-appropriate.  But whatevs.)
*Got some super helpful comments (insert sarcasm here) from judges where they said, "Oh!  I really liked your wheelchair!  It was really appropriate for the late 1800's!"  or "Good job, you really knew your lines well."
             My response to those:  SERIOUSLY?  Do you think I'd just borrow a wheelchair from the school nurse and call it good?  And we knew our lines well?  That's like telling me, "Congrats!  You walked across the stage without falling!  Good job!"  I wasn't a big fan of them today in case you couldn't tell.  Be HELPFUL.  TELL US THINGS TO FIX--it's not hard, I have two pages worth.
*Some high school boy from another school apparently walked by me and whispered "I love you" to me.  (My students told me.)  Again, my response:  prove you can grow facial hair, give yourself 10 years, and then we'll talk.  Unless, of course, you're still just as creepy to whisper I love you to a stranger, in which case, don't talk to me ever.  (I think I have the curse of people saying that to me.  Whatever happened to people keeping that crap bottled up??)
*And finally, I unloaded a trailer of stuff in 10 degrees and then ran to the bus barn to make sure I didn't leave my phone in the school suburban before Thanksgiving break.  That made me cough because it was really cold, I don't run ever, and I'm partially asthmatic.  Annnnnd if you didn't know what I looked like when reading this, you're picturing me to be an obese nerd with glasses and tacky sweaters.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you look like but I was still picturing you as obese with glasses and tacky sweaters. It's better that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahahaha this post is amazing "whatever happened to people keeping that crap bottled up??" ahahahaha also imagining you digging through your purse for your inhaler

    ReplyDelete