Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's only Thursday!

AND MAN, I think there's been enough that has happened to last a month.  Apart from the general student/teacher happenings, here are some highlights or just things that stuck out, for better or worse:

1. 2 boys got a pencil stuck in a hole in my wall.  Then they tried to get it out with another pencil.  They are now both stuck in the wall.  Then 8 of their friends came down in study hall and determined that they needed to bring a cordless drill to get it out.  I said NO WAY.  They said, "Oh, it will be fine! We'll just bring it in our backpack, no one will know!"  By the way, this all started because there was a random hole in the cement wall and they just couldn't understand why it was there.  So what do you do if you're 16 and curious?  You stick a pencil in it.  (And I had to refrain SO MUCH while they were trying to get the pencil out of the hole in the wall because if you haven't caught on by now...there were a million "That's what she said's."

2. I got a white boy serenade of the "This is why I'm hot, this is why you're not" rap not once, but twice in one day.  It accompanied the pencil/hole in the wall fiasco.

3. I had to kick a girl out of the one act for punching someone.  I'm sorry, what?  Are we allowed to have physical contact and rage in the ONE ACT?  Cool.

4. I found an ad cut out (we were making collages) and pasted on my wall that said, "Zip up or nip out."  Again:  cool.

5.  I had one of the more embarrassing moments of my personal life happen a couple of days ago.  Suffice it to say it involved a rogue text message delivered to the wrong person and it was really special.  I may or may not have admitted I was flirting with someone and instead of sending it to my friend (cough, Ashley), I sent it to the guy instead.  I mean, REALLY.  Good news is I'm still laughing about it periodically.  If you want to hear the whole story, just let me know.  I was in true form.  Remember back when I started this blog, I said I'm called Bridget Jones just because I act like her at various points in my life?  This would be a primo example.

1 comment:

  1. JILL - I DID THAT TOO! (The texting the guy you like instead of your friend.) My text was thankfully somewhat vague. It's just said "I give up." (meaning, I gave up on him ever showing interest in me...by the way he never did. good thing I gave up.)

    ReplyDelete