So we're doing a spring musical. Am I crazy? Probably. Am I bored with a student teacher and not doing a million things at once? YEP. Actually, this is going to replace the show choir show and we are having auditions next week. We then rehearse it during their "class"/study hall (where I incidentally don't have students) and put it on April 28, 30 and May 1.
I started listening to the music obsessively today. And now I'm a little freaked out. I always do that. I start to think about everything that goes into it and wonder if we can pull it off. This will be the first serious musical I've done. The rest have been family-oriented and just fun. This ENTIRE musical is singing. There isn't even a script of dialogue. Yikes! I've done plenty of dramas before so it should be fine but still. Pretty excited though. Hopefully it goes over well. And if it doesn't, well, I won't die.
Now if I could just decide on the fall musical....maybe I should stop thinking of other projects. I keep thinking I KNOW and then I change my mind. It's always hard to follow a really big show, such as the merry old land of Oz. At least there won't be ANY green sparkle in this show. In fact, no sparkle at all. GOOD.

WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS AFTER I LEAVE?????
ReplyDeletei mean, obviously because you need something to drown your sorrows in because you miss me so much... but I will be sad to miss it.