Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hump day fun

And if you didn't think something dirty after you read that title, then you have a far purer mind than yours truly.  But ANYWAY (because I could go off on thoughts about the workings of my dirty mind but I'll keep it PG today), hump day fun includes lots of new recipes tonight.  Why?  Because I have the energy and I feel inspired.  So thank you, Tabitha, for providing half of tonight's dinner recipe, and thank you Annie's Eats for the yummy asparagus recipe.  

And then I'm embarking on a cupcake extravaganza.  Because I made the mistake of bringing some to a few students a couple weeks ago and now they won't stop asking me to bring more.  So I decided to let my student assistant pick the flavor (he just fixed my laptop and now I don't have to buy a new battery) and I'm making them for tomorrow's class to commemorate my student teacher's last day.  And I'm feeling up to the challenge.  (Patti, I think I have a thing for cupcakes right now like you do for cookie pops.)

I even have new icing tips...watch out world.  And let's hope these don't suck because making them is EXPENSIVE.  New techniques being tried tonight:

1. Ganache in general
2. Icing with pastry bags
3. Filled cupcakes.

One might think I should try each of those separately before moving on to the next but I kind of figure if you're going to make a mess, just do it all at once.  And also, that's not really how my brain operates.  Go big or go home, friends.  So on the menu:  triple chocolate cupcakes (with cream cheese in the frosting...are you kidding me?  And chocolate filling...) and double chocolate raspberry.  I'm making two because I think I'll need that many and because my student assistant picked the raspberry and while I think it sounds amazing, I don't think everyone shares my penchant for raspberry.  (*cough* roommate Katie.  Because raspberry doesn't start with "ch", therefore it's not in her food vocabulary.)

Once again, I'm inspired by Annie's Eats because she's amazing.  She eats healthy meals and then saves room for wonderful dessert.  My philosophy on life exactly.  In fact, I would rather eat a plate of broccoli and nothing else if it meant I could just eat dessert.  So I will.


1 comment:

  1. Ummm yes, those both sound amazing and are going on my baking list. I have a cupcake addiction... and a dessert addiction which I blame oon Chi Omega for always feeding me good sweets after dinner!

    ReplyDelete