Notable quotables from the kiddos the past 2 days:
-"There are plenty of fish in the sea, but I found one that totally rocked my boat." Whyyyyyyyyyy???? (10 points for being clever, minus 50 points for making me wonder what you exactly mean by "rocking your boat." Ew.)
-In keeping with the sea theme, another student makes a comment about a big dork. In case you didn't know, a dork is a whale penis. Then everyone laughed. (Including me.) And then I told him to stop talking for awhile.
-"Why are you being so naughty today?" and without missing a beat, "It's our last class before our track meet. We have to slack off." Neat. This looks promising for the next 7 weeks.
-I ask them to move their desks into a more organized line. (I HATE it when they're not in rows. Sigh...I'm slipping over to the "dark side" of a pedantic teacher.) The 2 boys placed strategically in the front of the room move their desks all the way to the front of the room so that it's touching my table. I tell them they're in my personal space. They respond with, "We're just doing what you told us! We're being helpful! It's in line with your table!" Perfect. And that's why you sit in the front. Thank you for shouting.
-And note to self, when explaining the verb "acercarse" as to draw near or getting close, don't say each other. Because then it invites laughter and other inappropriate comments. I wasn't aware. Now I know. My brain has been on vacation apparently, and has forgotten that they can turn ANYTHING into an innuendo.
Today's score: Students: 3, Teacher: 0 I predict that by Friday I'll be back in the game.
Put a bird on it!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XM3vWJmpfo&feature=player_embedded