Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Adventure?

Today we went searching for an adventure.  To be more specific, this supposedly amazing and private beach that could also be a gay nudist beach.  But we hear it's fantastic.  We went to look for it, following our directions.  However, don't tell me to turn RIGHT.  That doesn't help.  Say "turn right when facing the sea" or something.  You could probably guess from here that we did NOT find the right beach.  But we did find a beach with giant rocks where we pretended to be mermaids and take model photos.  (Those are not going to be posted but Katie and I did use all of our skills acquired from watching hours of America's Next Top Model...thank you, Tyra, for telling me how to pose for a men's magazine in my swimsuit.  I just can't use that tip enough in my life...)

Anyway, the beach was actually really great, even if there wasn't any sand, because the water was really clear and the rocks were big enough to perch on or stand in the water and just sunbathe.  However, we did learn tonight that this beach also happens to disappear at high tide so I guess we're glad we weren't there for that.  Moving on...we're still in search of this elusive Guvano beach, home to hippies and nudists in the 70's.  And apparently you can reach it one of two ways.

Way #1:

Walk to this abandoned train tunnel that is supposedly lit (although I keep finding info from people saying it's not), ring the buzzer, walk through it for a kilometer and at the end pay some dude 5 euros.

Way 2:  Walk the blue path (part of the Cinque Terre National Park) and then turn left where it says "free beach."  However, after some reading on the interwebz, I've been told you can kind of read this sign on the ground spelled out on rocks.  You should turn left and go down there and the path is kind of treacherous.  So we are currently going to go with option number 2 because the unlit tunnel is kind of freaking us out.  So now I'm just trying to memorize this image:


Yeah, I'm not even sure that's a real picture but you know, I'm sure this will be easy to spot after 15 minutes of hiking through trees.  (That's our other plan, time ourselves because apparently after 10 to 15 minutes on this blue path, you turn.)  So wish us luck, especially in hoping that if we do find it, there won't be too many gay nudist men deciding to play paddle ball or any other type of activity.  The image below (and not the one I one I just mentioned in the previous sentence) will be in our heads to propel us towards our goal:

Check back tomorrow to see if we found it.  (Also, don't look too closely at this picture.  I have no idea if everyone is clothed and as I'm paying for internet, I'm not going to take the time to look or find a better picture.)





1 comment:

  1. Looks to me like NOT everyone is clothed. Neat. Thanks Jilly!

    ReplyDelete