Monday, July 18, 2011

Have a Nice day...


In NICE.  Hahahaha.  Guess what's not shocking?  The French Riviera looks a whole lot like the Italian Riviera.  But Nice had way more people.  We had originally planned to spend most of our time in the south of France but after obsessively reading about things, decided on Cinque Terre, Italy instead.  We definitely made the right choice.  Not that Nice wasn't pretty but a city is a city and it was super crowded with beach-goers.  But fun to see, nonetheless.




Here's something I don't get:  why the naked statues in the center of the city?  Art schmart, who wants to say "meet me by the giant penis?"  Not this girl.  Also, after you've seen the David in Florence, all other statues seem stupid so maybe that's my problem.


There are many pictures of me walking because Ashley is lolly-gagging behind and I'm finding out where we're going.



We ended our day in Nice with a lovely evening outside with just dessert and it lived up to our expectations.  We sat outside and laughed a lot and ate our French dessert and it was a perfect way to end my time with Ash, before I had to say goodbye again for 9 months or so.  DUMB.  But so thankful I got to spend this much time with her.  And I waited to cry until later.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHA Lindsey! Jill, thanks for all the blogs and updates. Can't wait to see you Friday although the end of has made me cry.

    ReplyDelete