Sucks. That is the middle drawer on the floor. And I'm not rhyming to be cute.
It crashed to the floor during my last class of the day. If only I had known that it would be an omen to how the rest of class was going to go...Some snippets to give you a picture of a fun-filled 90 minutes:
"You're not original to talk about bringing 'special' brownies to class. Dumb.""Unroll your pants. You're distracting everyone.""We don't need to hear about who ANYONE is dating in this class. I never want to know.""You should just be quiet for the rest of class. I'm tired of hearing your voice.""It is not a realistic expectation of a human being that I should be happy and nice to you after you have been annoying for 90 minutes straight." "Stop falling out of your chairs."
(In case you didn't catch that, those were all of my comments to students. And the natural questions coming to your mind might be, "What's the deal with the pants?" Answer: OMG it's so hot in here, I'm going to die. Or maybe it was, "Why are they falling out of their chairs?" Answer: I have not the slightest idea. Or perhaps it was, "Wow, did she start teaching middle schoolers? Answer: No. Average age of these scholars was 16.)
To sum up, I just got paid to do some Halloween baby-sitting. Oh yes, because they were allowed to wear their costumes to school today. Awesome. However, one kid came with a box taped around him and then a lamp on his shoulder. Can you guess what he was? I'll just tell you: a one night stand. Hahahahaha. And oh my stars, inappropriate. But points for being clever and creative!
So now my drawer is still on the floor, I have rehearsal in about 40 minutes and I'm suppose to somehow plan and be productive after all of that. Uh huh. Riiiight. I would like to take a nap. Or drink a Diet Coke. But I don't have one and that's a bummer.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
I actually think my life as a middle school teacher is less eventful than your life with high school boys. I'm not even joking.
ReplyDelete