So I haven't posted in a couple days, mainly because it's been freakishly hot so we've been staying indoors and not moving. (No AC and an average 20 degrees hotter than normal plus not sweating enough to cool off, just to be gross=listless.) I did, however, watch a lot of season 1 of 30 Rock, which is amazing, and did a lot of reading, which I love, etc. So you see? Not all bad. And I like relaxing and was needing it so this is all lovely, especially in Madrid.
Today Ash went to school in the morning while I...did nothing. I mean, I did go to the fruiteria and the pasteleria and buy a few things, but let's be honest, that took about 10 minutes. I also took a nap. Oops. Jet lag, right? I hope so or otherwise my body is deciding to catch up on all the sleep I wasn't getting for the previous 2 months. Neat.
After that, Ash came home and then we went to the pool in Casa de Campo. It was lovely. Minus the whole "tops are optional" concept. It's just strange. Not my first experience with it but it's still weird. So obviously I didn't take pictures at the pool. Because that would be weird. And maybe gross.
Then we came home, got a Spanish tortilla sandwich and after a bit headed downstairs to the bar/cafe thing called Tipos. It has AC. And it's neat inside. I can see why they come here a lot. And we've been here ever since. For awhile I tutored Ashley on some Spanish, which was vair vair fun for me. I've also been finding games for everyone to play to practice their Spanish. Although, at this moment, Nikki is playing a trivia game about who knows what...
Oh and these pictures! The girls posing with their cookies that Patti made them. If you can't see them closely enough, it's a picture of Nebraska with a "wish you were here" painted on them. They're adorbz.
Posing with their cookies.
Close up of Ashley eating her cookie.
Nikki pre-cookie with her pizza.
Now she's ready for it. And no, Nikki, you don't have pizza in your teeth.
And me with my cookie because Patti knew if she didn't send me one as well that I would just eat someone else's anyway. Ahh, true. I'm pretty excited about it, as you can tell.
As for the rest of the week, we made a schedule o' fun to make sure we do everything we want to do. It includes going to the museums, trying some particular restaurants, a flea market, making things, etc. I'll keep you posted. Unless I take a nap...
No comments:
Post a Comment